G. Mandatory Classification
01. Mandatory Player Classification. Starting January 1 each year will start a player appeal process where each player can submit an appeal to have their player rating dropped. This process ends August 1 and at that time appeals will not be accepted until January. We have taken our team guidelines and based it on the USA Softball Code in which a team could have 3 Mandatory players from the next higher division on their roster. We consider our list equal to Mandatory rated players. With the player rating system that we have in place helps create a fair and level playing field for all of our teams not only at a local but also at a national level. Below are the guidelines that we use on how to classify a team. Players on the USA Softball Restricted List can only participate in the Men’s A or Coed Open Programs. A Player may have a + (plus) designation, this player cannot play down a class.
Men’s Slow Pitch
- 01.Men’s A = 3 Player’s from the USA Softball Restricted Players List.
- 02.Men’s B = 3 A Rated players and no players Class A+ or from the Restricted Player List.
- 03.Men’s C = Three ( 3 ) B classified players and no players from Class A, Class B+, or the USA Softball Restricted Player's List.
- 04.Men’s D = Three ( 3 ) C classified players and no players from Class A, Class B, Class C+, or the Restricted Player's List.
- 05.Men’s E = Three ( 3 ) D classified players and no players from Class A, Class B, Class C, Class D+ or the Restricted Player's List.
Women’s Slow Pitch
- 06. Women’s Open = Any Female Player
- 07. Women’s C = Three ( 3) Open classified players.
- 08. Women’s D = Three ( 3 ) C classified players and no Open classified players.
Co-ed Slow Pitch
- 10. Co-ed Open = Any Female Player and two ( 2 ) male players from the USA Softball Restricted Player’s List.
- 11. Co-ed C = No Open classified female players and no male classified players from Class A, Class B, or the USA Softball Restricted Player's List.
- 12. Co-ed D = Two ( 2 ) female C classified players and two ( 2 ) male C classified players. No Open classified female players or male players from Class A, Class B, or the USA Softball Restricted Players List.
NOTE: Players that have no USA Softball playing history should be handled in the following manner. If a track record of a player can be verified in another National Association that player can be rated at that level or higher.
Note: Indiana residents must submit their appeal by March 1.
To check your player rating go to https://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/play-usa-softball/adult-player-information/slow-pitch-player-information. To appeal your player rating, click on your name and then click on the "Appeal" button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.